Saturday, September 13, 2014

One-Click to Craziness

I have a friend...and no, when I say "friend" I'm not referring to myself. I have a friend who the other night had a dream that he was cleaning his house with his mother. Random, I know. So anyway, he was cleaning and cleaning. Done. He wakes up groggy with eye crust. He rolls over and hits the snooze on his phone. He's a priest so he has to prepare for mass and meeting with people and all...he needs to get up and get his day started...

"Ugh...another morning..." Blurry-eyed he looks at his phone and notices a notification: "Thank you for your purchase."

With bed-head swooshing across his balding head, he wakes up panicked, "Wha...?!" He goes over the contents of the email and finds out that in the middle of the night he purchased two Dyson Hoover vacuums from Amazon.

"I didn't purchase any vacuums!! Unless..." And yes, what had never happened in the past happened last night. In the middle of the night, while dreaming about cleaning the house with his mother, he turned on his phone, punched in his password to open it, searched for vacuums, and bought two Dyson Hoovers. And thankfully, because of the one-click purchase option, they provided for a quick checkout without the hassle of punching in all your account details.

Poor guy. My priest friend is trying to get it all cleared up but who would believe you if you said, "I didn't buy these! Well, I did but I was sleep walking...or uh, rather...sleep buying..."

LOL

Before we sleep, as priests we pray the Liturgy of the Hours: Night Prayer. There are a couple prayers that come to mind from Night Prayer. "Into your hands Lord I commend my spirit. You have redeemed us Lord God of truth, I commend my spirit" and "Protect us Lord as we stay awake, watch over us as we sleep, that awake we may keep watch with Christ, and asleep rest in his peace."

We never know the craziness of life that can befall us while we are awake, so we always commend our selves to the Lord in our morning prayers. But while we sleep, we too can undergo crazy happenings...LOL I doubt we will every buy two vacuums in our sleep, but be it an illness, a temptation, or an unforeseen death, we also commend ourselves to the Lord that he may watch over us in the night as well.

Now I'm not saying my brother didn't pray his prayers. Maybe the Lord was watching over him and was actually able to prevent him from purchasing 20 vacuums...I don't know! LOL --I still can't believe that happened to him!!-- But always remember that even in our sleep we commend our lives to the Lord...for even in the middle of the night the one-click purchase option can change things real quick!

1 comment:

  1. Welp. I've got to say. definately haven't been thinking about that.... haha. Definitley gave me a good laugh first thing in the morning!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please be charitable.