Saturday, August 18, 2012

Priest-Bender

For those who don't know, this is a creative image someone drew based on a show called Avatar: The Last Airbender. For those who don't know much about it, one person briefly mentioned that "The plotting, while being a simple tale of the hero’s journey, and of war between an evil empire and disparate nations, only appears simple from the widest perspective."


I'm sure I looked like this guy
in mid air! 
Why am I bringing this up? Well hold on! Let me get to it. So Yesterday, I was invited by the teacher to come over and join her and the cross country students in a game of ultimate frisbee.  Well before we started playing, we started talking about Avatar and the Legend of Korra. We continued talking about various bending powers....

uh...okay...first off, yes I do watch cartoons...I always have...I do watch normal adult stuff too, lol, but I have always enjoyed watching cartoons for some reason...then I found out that cartoons and fairytale type stuff can actually be a good thing! Check this link out! So back to my thought...where was I? Oh! Bending powers!

So in this cartoon, people can "bend" or control various elements: fire, water, earth, or air. If one could bend water, they would be called a water-bender; air, air-bender; fire, fire-bender; earth, earth-bender. So we discussed which bending ability we would like...lol...then we were all kind of acting out various "bending" abilities, which was pretty fun at the time. After said conversation,  we played frisbee.

Once we were done playing and parents started to show up to pick up their children, two students came up and yelled out, "Father!!! You are a priest-bender!" I started to laugh..."What? A priest-bender?! What do I bend?!" I asked. There was a lot of positive feedback lately about the Mass and the homily this last Wednesday that it even influenced their next comment, "You can bend lectures!!! And make them fun and interesting." They said this with excitement and with an intense look...lol I laughed....my priesthood just got that much more fun...

So for now on, call me Fr Chris...priest-bender...lol

2 comments:

  1. hahahaa woohoo! Way to go Fr. Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Father priest bender,

    Your Blog is fun. Thanx.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Please be charitable.