Thursday, June 14, 2012

Random Thought

This is so true for me! I want to actually video record myself when I run because I am sure I will just start laughing so much! And actually, I went running today....and it's been a while since I have been able to be on a routine again...so obviously I was not at my best!


Isn't it funny that sometimes we get stuck in our own brains and we PERCEIVE something when in actuality it isn't the case? And the actual situation is possibly more funny or more ridiculous then what we have made it. When I run, I think, "I bet I totally look fit!" but then I see myself in some of the windows of the businesses on my route and I am humbled..."Oh Gosh....do i really look like that?" Hahahaha like today...I was like, "I'm so tired but this feels good" and I would notice that my posture and my image on the windows conveyed a tired-worn-out hispanic man who just wanted to die! hahaha


Still, our minds are fascinating in the way they work, right? The way our minds perceive something when it's not the case at all; and then, we believing that what we perceive is reality, we respond accordingly. I find myself always blowing things out of proportion, especially when I have a lot on my plate. How do I respond? I begin flipping out and get frazzled; I begin rambling and stop thinking rationally...hahahaha....my very close friends from seminary and college know what I'm talking about.  They have to be the ones to say, "Stop! Breathe...okay, these are your goals: A, B, C. Go do "A" first and then come back when you are done." They are probably laughing right now because they know this is a true scenario.


So what's the point here? Nothing really. I just find it fascinating how our brains work a certain way; and because of that, life is never really boring, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be charitable.