Thursday, April 19, 2012

Relax and Take it In

You know there are days that we feel just completely defeated. We are tired and worn out and we just don't feel like doing too much. I hear ya, friends. There's nothing wrong with realizing that you just need to take a breather and relax.
Danbo Danboard, even after defeating/eating
a Chocolate Easter Bunny felt defeated...
God made us all unique and we all get our rest somehow, but if possible, try to get outside. Put the phone, iPad, or whatever away. Look, the BIG GUY upstairs first made us human to enjoy life and interact with people. Staring at a screen may help a little but it doesn't engage that true human aspect in us all.


Go walk, meet a friend, and I dare you not to use your phone. I mean really, is that person that much more boring that you have to entertain yourself some other way? Look, God made this great world. When was the last time you actually paid attention to world around you rather than what someone posts on Facebook or what word was played on Words with Friends? 


Don't get me wrong. These are fun sites and apps, just don't forget to be truly human by relaxing and taking in the world around you.

1 comment:

  1. ...DEAR FATHER CHRIS! I REFUSE TO OWN A B....PHONE. IT'S COOL! THE ONLY ONE I USE IS AT WORK AND I LEAVE IT THERE. SUPER IDEA. NEXT TIME I'M IN SAVANNAH!!!!.....MAYBE ONE DAY! I'LL PASS BY AND SAY HELLO AND INVITE YOU FOR LUNCH OR A COFFEE, DEPENDING ON THE EXCHANGE RATE OF THE MOMENT. YOU ARE GREAT!. LIZ RAGO

    ReplyDelete

Please be charitable.