Friday, November 4, 2011

Adoration Tonight

I was nervous. The lighting was perfectly dim. There were huge candelabras on the altar. My hands were sweating a little. I had new strings on my guitar and I hoped they wouldn't go out of tune...All I  wanted to do was worship God without having my voice go flat or sharp (I am not trained at all :p )...

I took a breath, offered this time back to God, strummed my guitar...and began to sing...

candelabra
candelabra
         






I lead a night of Praise and Worship tonight. It was a time before the Blessed Sacrament. I pray it was fruitful for the people. Praying like this during Adoration is something that really helped me out in my prayer life as I came into my faith as a teen and young adult. The songs allowed me to put to words what was going on inside my heart, mind, and soul. They allowed me to express myself before my God.

And the moments of silence...wow...those moments allowed me to just sit and be with the God who lives and exists and holds all being in existence...and who remains sacramentally present to me in a very real way in the Eucharist...

I wanted to give other people this opportunity too...so I offered this night for them...I was in my collar as I played my guitar and sang and lead them in prayer.

It was reverent, personal, and I pray that it glorified God.

I'm sure this is just the first of other Adoration nights to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be charitable.